Re: LVM2 + LUKS Installation Failure (netinstall) due to device-mapper

On Thursday 10 May 2007 23:59, b7fdx4q02@sneakemail.com wrote:
> I have tried installing via netinstall CD (daily build - few days old,
> although it was the latest build as of yesterday), but if
> I select LVM2 with Encryption (LUKS), I receive the following error on
> the Partition section:
>
> In vt2, dmesg gave this output:
> device-mapper: table 254:0 crypt: Error allocating crypto tfm
> device-mapper: ioctl: error adding target to table
> device-mapper: ioctl: device doesn't appear to be in the dev hash table

Yes, we've seen this same issue today ourselves as well. A couple of
kernel modules are missing in the installer after a module was split
between 2.6.18 and 2.6.20.
You can expect this to be fixed before the start of next week.

Cheers,
FJP