[workaround] Re: Did not manage to resize an HFS+ partition on a powermac G5.

Le Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 09:28:01PM +0900, Charles Plessy a écrit :
> Dear lists,
>
> I am trying to install Debian on a powermac7,3 at work, but I did not
> manage to resize the main HFS+ partition. Although I have a backup, I
> would like to avoid reinstalling MacOS X. I saw on the web reports from
> 2005 in which an HFS+ partition was sucessfully resized with the
> debian-installer, so I wonder what I did wrong.

Quick answer to myself:

I started a live CD (Ubuntu 6.10, live.debian.net does not seems to
support powerpc yet) and tried to move the partition with gparted.
Interstingly, it does not manage to move the partition neither, but it
accepts to redimention it to the right. I then copied it and deleted the
original to install Etch instead. Everything now works fine (except
display problems), and yaboot manages to start the cloned osX partition.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org