Re: second attempt to fix this issue

On Friday 30 March 2007 22:57, Steve Langasek wrote:
> The meaning of the original sentence is
>
>   It will guess *that* the broadcast address is the bitwise OR of your
>   system's IP address with the bitwise negation of the netmask.
>
> which in turn suggests to me an improvement,
>
>   It will *assume* that the broadcast address is the bitwise OR...

As it is only used as a default, I would say "assume" is not an
improvement as "assume" implies that weird things could happen if the
assumption is incorrect.

A possible improvement would be "... it will calculate the broadcast
address as ...", but I've just reverted back to the original text as IMO
that is fine too.