Re: Fan control OK on PowerMac8,1 (iMac G5)

Charles Plessy wrote:
Le Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 05:56:48PM +0530, Praveen A a écrit :

2007/3/14, Charles Plessy <charles-debian-nospam@plessy.org>:

CD/DVD images are available from:

I would like to check if everything is OK on iMac G5, which image shall
I use ?

You can use either the daily-built (no full cd/dvd images only net
install) or weekly built images. AFAIK both are based on RC2.

Thank you all for your answers,

everything went fine for a very minimal install ; my primary goal was to
make sure that the problem with the loud fans was solved (PowerMac8,1
iMac G5). I used the daily netinst of yesterday
(3dd2144e53255fe6ecf4273176c25107).

I am not filing a bug report since I have to hurry up this morning.

Also, I added a line in the table of the wiki page which lists the
problems with the GTK installer on powermacs.

Thanks a lot: your report confirms g-i is broken pn powerpc systems equipped with geforce 5200 boards, and this is bad because those videocards seem to be quite popular. We must first understand if this crash is specific to ppc only in order to fix it in post etch. It would be nice if someone owning that card could test the g-i on i386 or amd64.
The board should be listed with someting like

nVidia Corporation NV34M [GeForce FX Go5200] (rev a1)

by

lspci | grep VGA

thanks

Attilio