Bug#404485: installation-reports: Installation fails on Digital UDB Multia (alpha)
- To: Steve Langasek <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Bug#404485: installation-reports: Installation fails on Digital UDB Multia (alpha)
- From: Martin Lambers <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 22:13:16 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20070304211316.GA9823@wile.lambers.home>
- Reply-to: Martin Lambers <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <20070117062555.GF13830@mauritius.dodds.net>
- References: <20061226200839.GA5477@wile.lambers.home> <20061227184449.GB19009@gpm.stappers.nl> <20061229004443.GA10247@wile.lambers.home> <20070102105247.GG9706@mauritius.dodds.net> <20070102120857.GB8458@wile.lambers.home> <20070103120404.GI24396@mauritius.dodds.net> <20070103123725.GA2571@avery.cg.informatik.uni-siegen.de> <20070107110828.GA11491@mauritius.dodds.net> <20070107163108.GA5279@wile.lambers.home> <20070117062555.GF13830@mauritius.dodds.net>
On Tue, 16. Jan 2007, 22:25:57 -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > Booting from the CD succeeded. I got messages from aboot up to
> > "aboot: starting kernel boot/vmlinuz with arguments ramdisk_size=16384 root=/dev/ram devfs=mount,dall".
> > I did not see any messages from the Linux kernel, but after a while, the
> > TGA framebuffer was activated and the installer started on it.
> > After choosing the language, country, and keyboard type, I got a message
> > saying "No kernel modules were found. This is probably due to a mismatch
> > between the kernel used by this version of the installer and the kernel
> > version available in the archive. Continue without loading kernel
> > modules?".
> Right, that's entirely possible. :-) Just knowing that the framebuffer
> works for you is a good test; once we get this into a real installer it
> should work a bit better.
I tested the debain installer snapshot 2007-03-04 today. The
installation went fine on the TGA console, up to the point where the
installed system is booted for the first time.
The installed system does not seem to know the TGA console. I guess it
does not load the tga module. I was not able to log in.