Re: Introduction

* Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> [2007-02-23 18:11]:
> The slug boots into lowmem level 2, in which all standard priority udebs
> are not automatically selected. Amoung those not auto-selected is
> usb-storage-modules. So if you don't manually pick it from the list, no
> disk..

NSLU2 really needs lowmem level 2 because it only has 32 MB RAM.  Yes,
some of the time it will work with level 1, but depending on your hard
drive the mkfs process might get killed in level 1, so I went for the
option that is not ideal since you need to select modules manually,
but that works for everyone.

http://cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/install.html shows users what modules
they need to select. (Hmm, yeah, I guess the manual needs to be
updated as well.)

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/