Booting Problem 3.1r5

Hi,

I downloaded the first Debian 3.1r5 CD (binary 1) via bittorrent
yesterday. I installed it on my laptop using the 2.6 kernel and after
the laptop rebooted, the last message on the screen was 'booting kernel'
and then it froze. I then tried installing with the 2.4 kernel and it
was fine. I tried the 2.6 kernel a few times but I got the same problem
each time.

Thanks,

Jonathan Steel

 This email has been sent from the Bucks LEA. If you have
 cause for complaint regarding the content of this email please contact
                        abuse@bucksgfl.org.uk