Re: images lack signature and archive signature check fails

On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 22:09 +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 February 2007 21:54, Rene Wagner wrote:
> > This is on a Conroe based system with an Intel G965 graphics chip.
> > Given the freeze of etch, is that simply too recent or would you guys
> > like to know about issues (and patches)?
>
> The issues you mention are all kernel issues, so if you do submit
> anything, please do so to the kernel team, not this list.

Sure, sorry. I would have gone that route (or via the BTS). I was just
interested in a general opinion on this as I'm not following Debian
development closely enough.

> The kernel team _may_ still accept targeted patches, especially if you can
> show they apply cleanly and work with the current 2.6.18 kernel in
> unstable.
>
> No guarantees though as the focus is on stabilizing, not on supporting new
> hardware.

Makes sense. I'll ask on debian-kernel@ if they're interested and then
see if I can get things to work with non-intrusive patches against the
2.6.18 from unstable.

If they take them that would be great, otherwise the patchset might
still save people with similar hardware the time they'd have to spend
tracking things down on their own.

Thanks for the pointers,

Rene

--