Re: GUI Not Functional After Errors Reading Installation CD's

Hi,

On Wednesday 31 January 2007 03:45, Steve Burtchin wrote:
> While installing packages there were lots of errors reading the
> installation CD's. Almost all flashed by too quick to see, but in the
> end, I got one message that stayed long enough to read:
[...]

The problems you describe are not really installation problems, but rather
problems with your CD drive (or Linux support for it), or problems with
the CDs you burned/bought.

From your comments it looks as if the installation itself was successful
and that you do have a working system. You are just having problems
accessing your CD drive and installing additional packages because of
that.

I suggest you ask for help on the debian-user mailing list. Other
subscribers to that are in a better position to help you get the
graphical environment set up than people on this list.

Good luck,
FJP