Re: debian-installer

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 06:49:58AM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:

> > 1. It didn't ask me what site to use, rather it just assumed
> > ftp.debian.org.
> >
> > 2. It didn't ask me what http_proxy settings to use, the proxy server
> > at work can use better channels.
> >
> > It wouldn't hurt asking to confirm these details are correct IMHO
> > before continuing.
>
> These are questions for Robert Millan, who developed this installation
> method. The installer itself should ask you for proxy information where
> relevant.

My program relies on NSISdl plugin, which auto-detects proxy setup from IE
settings.  So if you want it to use a proxy, you have to setup IE first.

--
Robert Millan

My spam trap is honeypot@aybabtu.com.  Note: this address is only intended
for spam harvesters.  Writing to it will get you added to my black list.