From: Gustavo Franco <stratus@debian.org>
Date: २००७ जनवरी ४ ००:२३
Subject: Re: Etch installer not asking for additional CDs
To: pravi.a@gmail.com
Cc: debian-boot@lists.debian.org, SmartList <debian-desktop@lists.debian.org>, Raman Pandarinathan < raamanp@gmail.com>

On 1/2/07, പ്രവീണ്|Praveen <pravi.a@gmail.com> wrote:
> [forgot to add debian-destop to the reciepients list in the previous mail].
>
> 2007/1/2, പ്രവീണ്|Praveen <pravi.a@gmail.com>:

> > > Yes, this is planned but technically difficult so loading multiple CDs
> > > will not be possibly in time for Etch.
> > >

> > If we install synaptic with the default install (it is currently in CD 2)
> adding cdroms would be a bit more friendly (Starting synaptic and Edit->Add
> CDROM won't scare newbies as much as opening a terminal 'su root' and run
> apt-cdrom add).
> >
> > Would it be possible before etch?

That's possible, but unfortunately it's not up to the debian-desktop
team. It relies on the way the packages are organized into the CDs.
debian-cd is your target, ping steve or joeyh there but i bet they
already replied in -boot. ;)

thanks,
-- stratus
http://stratusandtheswirl.blogspot.com

--
"Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
`Don't bother us with politics', respond those who don't want to learn."