Re: Etch installer not asking for additional CDs

On 1/2/07, പ്രവീണ്|Praveen <pravi.a@gmail.com> wrote:
[forgot to add debian-destop to the reciepients list in the previous mail].

2007/1/2, പ്രവീണ്|Praveen <pravi.a@gmail.com>:
> 2006/12/20, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl>:
>

> > On Wednesday 20 December 2006 06:05, Raman Pandarinathan wrote:
> > > I wish the etch installer team restores this facility for the poor
> > > folks without net connectivity.
> >
> > Yes, this is planned but technically difficult so loading multiple CDs
> > will not be possibly in time for Etch.
> >

> If we install synaptic with the default install (it is currently in CD 2)
adding cdroms would be a bit more friendly (Starting synaptic and Edit->Add
CDROM won't scare newbies as much as opening a terminal 'su root' and run
apt-cdrom add).

> Would it be possible before etch?

That's possible, but unfortunately it's not up to the debian-desktop
team. It relies on the way the packages are organized into the CDs.
debian-cd is your target, ping steve or joeyh there but i bet they
already replied in -boot. ;)

thanks,
-- stratus
http://stratusandtheswirl.blogspot.com