Re: r43656 - trunk/scripts/l10n/l10n-spellcheck/cfg/level1/wls

On Fri, Dec 29, 2006 at 09:50:06PM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Davide Viti (zinosat-guest@alioth.debian.org):
> > Log:
> > Some more warning removal
>

> I don't understand, Davide. I was thinking that words with hyphens and
> dots are OK in the individual language files. Which is why I added
> these to these languages lists....

It's something language dependent (actually depends on how
aspell-${lang} has been configured); some languages accept words
containing both "-" and "." others accept one or none of them; here
are some examples:

"fr" words can use both "-" and "."
"nl" wordlists can have words containing "-" but does not accept words containing "."
"it" can't use neither "-" not "."

If all languages could use such characters inside words, we could put
those words in the common wordlist.

I think the file where you can configure which caracters can be
containet in the iddle of a word is  /usr/lib/aspell/${lang}.dat

*** fr.dat ***
name fr
charset iso8859-1
special ' -*-  . -*- - -*-
soundslike fr

*** nl ***
name nl
charset iso8859-1
special - -*- ' -*-
soundslike generic
run-together-limit 2
run-together-min 3
affix nl
affix-compress true
repl-table nl_affix.dat

*** it.dat ***
name it
charset iso8859-15
special ' -**
soundslike none
affix          it
affix-compress true

this is something I wanted to dig into a couple of years ago...
Obviously, if we wanted to fix this in all languages, it would involve
re-uploading all dictionaries; another options would be using a local .dat
file, but I don't know if it's possible to do that.

ciao,
Davide