Re: Pass Selections file to preseed

Quoting Christian Perrier:
> I think that Marcus wants to install a system with exactly the same
> packages than another system.
>
> Something like "dpkg --get-selections" on the source system and then
> automate "dpkg --set-selections" on the target system.
>
> That should be feasible with preseed/late_command (to be double
> checked...this might have changed in etchh and it's a logn time since
> I did preseeded installs). The list of packaged coul dbe hosted on a
> network place and wgetted to the target system by the
> preseed/late_command.

Hi again.

Thats exactly what I want to do, except the packages are located on the
installation cd-rom. There should be an easy way to pipe a complete package
selection to preseed, instead of hacking late_commands.

And there is already a variable called:

"pkgsel/include. The value of this parameter can be either comma-separated or
space-separated, so you can also use it easily on the kernel command line."

so why not allow to link it to a selections file instead of listing each
package one-by-one.

Best Regards
Marcus