Re: Pass Selections file to preseed

Quoting Geert Stappers (stappers@stappers.nl):
> Op 19-12-2006 om 12:15 schreef Marcus Moeller:
> > Hello,
> >
> > is there a way to pass a dpkg selections file to a preseed installation
> > instead of listing optional packages one-by-one?
>

> Please elaborate your question.

I think that Marcus wants to install a system with exactly the same
packages than another system.

Something like "dpkg --get-selections" on the source system and then
automate "dpkg --set-selections" on the target system.

That should be feasible with preseed/late_command (to be double
checked...this might have changed in etchh and it's a logn time since
I did preseeded installs). The list of packaged coul dbe hosted on a
network place and wgetted to the target system by the
preseed/late_command.