Re: packages in standard-system task

Douglas Tutty wrote:
> In the installer (on amd64, RC1) under tasksel there's a laptop task and a
> standard-system task.  I didn't install the standard-system since I
> wanted to know exactly what it wants to put on the box.  Once installed
> and booting, under aptitude, there's a laptop task but no
> standard-system task.
>
> Where can I find out what packages the standard-system task would have
> installed?

It's all the ones that aptitude will mark for installation automatically
when you go into it. Eg, the standard debian system as defined in
policy.

> Or would I have been better to install the standard-system from the
> installer and then remove anything I don't want later?

It's better to start with a standard debian system install, unless
you know what's in standard, know the difference between standard and
base, and know that you don't need anything that's in standard.

This is why standard is selected by default.

--
see shy jo