Re: unable to install etch

On Monday 11 December 2006 06:29, reju rajeev wrote:
> I am reju , I am not able to install etch amd64 on my new box ( intel
> core 2 duo 1.8ghz, intel dg965whmkr mother board, 2G ram, DVD) . Issue
> is  Installer cannot find the cdrom . I am interested only in
> debian .Please help me .

Please file an installation report [1] with the details of your hardware.
We especially need the output of 'lspci -nn'.
Also, the output of 'lsmod' and 'dmesg' after the installer fails to
detect the CD-ROM could help. You should be able to redirect this info to
files and save it to a usb stick or floppy or something.
Try using the "Save logs" option from the installer's main menu. That
should give all the needed information.

Also, please follow the troubleshooting instructions in [2] and give us
the results for that.

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/apa.html