Re: Boot floppies of RC1 broken for VAIO laptop

Am Samstag, 2. Dezember 2006 19:09 schrieb Frans Pop:
> On Saturday 02 December 2006 18:36, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> > Just wondering, if there is a way to work around this. Somehow people
> > doing an update from sarge to etch must see the same issue. How does it
> > work there?
>
> Can you free up enough space on your harddisk using the Sarge installer
> for say a 1GB partition? If you can, you could install an Etch RC1
> hdmedia kernel/initrd there, plus a businesscard image and configure grub
> to boot from that.

I think there would be enough space for a 1 GB partition. I think swap would
be even approx. 750MB which I could reuse (don't need swap when running in
text mode).

I am wondering, how I would configure grub from the sarge kernel? If I run
grub-install, I get these devmapper issues as well.

Thanks,
Rainer

--
Rainer Dorsch