Re: Fontconfig NMU? Third try....

Keith Packard a écrit :
wer right now.

I'm sorry, I didn't see anything fontconfig related in my mail...
Mails where sent to fontconfig@p.d.o and fontconfig@qa.p.d.o, not specifically to your proivate address. Maybe that would explain it. Anyway, this is certainly not somethign that's really important as these mails have now got your attention..:-)

Simultaneously, the D-I team mentioned some needs for a new fontconfig
version ; which I'm unfortunately not deeply awar about.

Right, I've been trying to make time to push out an upstream 2.4.2 that
will fix some issues in the code as well as integrate all of the l10n
issues that I've received. I just got a new Spanish translation a few
days ago.

The l10n stuff is definitely not release critical but the other
changes may have some importance for the graphical installer.

As far as I know, the graphical installer just needed a utility moved
into the .udeb package.
So, is there something that we can do? Unless I get a very late
objection from fontconfig maintainer(s), I'll go for the l10n NMU
anyway.

I can push out a 2.4.1-based package that just has the debian fixes and
then go look at doing a 2.4.2 upstream release and related 2.4.2 debian
package when I get a bit more time.

I don't know about a possible need for a new upstream version but I think that probably a first package with just the debian fixes (l10n plus things needed by g-i) would be fine.....followed 10 days ago by a new upstream version as soon as the first one has migrated to testing.