Re: [directfb-dev] Cause of g-i crashing on AMD64 at VT switch found

Denis Oliver Kropp wrote:
Attilio Fiandrotti schrieb:

Denis Oliver Kropp wrote:

Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:

Hi

i recently put my hands on an AMD64 machine, so i had the chance to run the installer from a chroot and i noticed that the crash produces this log

libgcc_s.so.1 must be installed for pthread_cancel to work
(!) [ 5905:    0.000] --> Caught signal 6 (unknown origin) <--
libgcc_s.so.1 must be installed for pthread_cancel to work
Aborted

adding this library (and full libc) to the chroot prevents the crash.

Good news!

Is it ok to include the library or should the input driver be changed
to not use pthread_cancel()?

Last night, talking with Frans Pop and Kurt Roeckx, it turned out that
including correct libraries may be a bit complicated right now, and possibly we could not make it in time for Etch.
So, i was asked to investigate about the possibility to remove
pthread_cancel() calls from DirectFB code: dok, do you believe that's possible / easy to do?

Should be possible with minor effort. pthread_cancel() is evil anyways.

Dok, we would really really apreciate if you could provide us ASAP the patch: we're now kind of running out of time as Etch release date gets closer every day. I'll build an experimental ISO image with your patch and ask people to test it to catch possible issues coming from the patch.

thanks

Attilio