Automated D-I build from SVN (was: Re: IMPORTANT: Significant changes to CD/DVD build setup)

>   This is something I particularly want for the DebianInstaller. It's much
>   easier to send someone a regular deb for testing than it is to locally
>   build a debian installation image containing a fixed d-i udeb. Moreover,
>   it can take up to three daily cycles for some d-i changes to filter
>   though to a state that they can be easily tested for users, so it's not
>   uncommon to tell someone who reports a bug on d-i that "I've fixed that
>   in svn; try again next Wednesday". Which slows things down a lot, and
>   increases the probability that by next Wednesday the user will have
>   worked around the bug and put their machine in production, and be
>   reluctant to reinstall it.

More generally speaking, I was recently thinking about an automated
build of D-I......based on SVN, ie by building ALL udebs from the SVN
and then build images from that.

Of course, that's easy for udebs that are in the initrd and probably
more complicated for those that are usually taken from the archive or
built in the daily CD builds.

That idea popped up in the l10n community as an easier way to better
test translation updates without waiting for the sync/upload cycle....

This could be an interesting topic to work on after the release of
Etch. I would call this "D-I build from SVN".