Re: Patch to handle touchpads in g-i available

Alejandro Rios Peña wrote:
El mié, 22-11-2006 a las 16:44 +0100, Attilio Fiandrotti escribió:

Hi

I recently wrote a patch against DFB 0.9.25 which adds to linux_input the capability to translate absolute x,y coordinates generated by touchpads into relative ones: this allows using Synaptic touchpads with the g-i. The patch was sent for review to directfb-dev [1] and was said to be ok, updated patch is attached to this mail. I prepared an iso image [2] which includes the fix: i'm asking testers who previously reported their synaptics touchpad not working within g-i to test this iso and report results and feelings about how the touchpad works.

I just tested the image and the touchpad works fine :)

The only thing that doesn't work is the scrolling side of the touchpad,
but I guess most users of the installer could live without it for now.

on your pavillon dv1117 the patch should perform almost as X synaptics driver does (i developed the driver on a pavillon laptop)

thanks for testing again

cheers

attilio