Re: help - vanishing keyboard

Chris Dunn a écrit :
I'm trying (hard) to install Testing or Etch on a Stylistic 3500 tablet.

Sarge installed successfully, but I'm having problems with the boot /
root diskettes on Testing / Etch.

The Stylistic has an external Fujitsu floppy drive connected, and I
have a USB keyboard connected.

The Boot disk runs perfectly (as in Sarge), but after it completes, and
requests insertion of the Root disk + Enter, the keyboard appears to
die.  Nothing can be punched in on the keyboard that gets through to
the tablet. This did not happen with Sarge.

I've re-burnt the floppies with no improvement, so that does not seem
to be the problem.

I've also tried several different versions of the Boot / Root images
including the latest nightly update. They all behave the same way,
which is badly.

Any suggestions or assistance would be very welcome.

etch installer uses 2.6 kernel instead of sarge (2.4)
and the 2.6 kernel is really bigger than 2.4 so we can not put usb keyboard drivers on the boot floppy. So etch installer with floppies does not longer support usb keyboard and usb floppy driver, sorry :( may be we will try to find a solution but i think it will be after etch release

for you, the only solution is to install a minimal sarge and after upgrade to etch

sylvain
Chris Dunn