Re: Deactivated languages

On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 09:05:03AM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Sven Luther a écrit :
> >>
> >>Christian, i wonder, was this discussion held publicly, and if so can you
> >>point to an URL in the mailing list archive about it ?
> >>

> It was held in private. If Frans agrees, I can publish the various logs
> I have if I find them (please note that Debian being a hobby for me, I
> do not handle things like as professionnally as I would if this activity
> happened to be my real job). Parts of the discussion may have happened
> in #debian-boot. Please check your logs.
>
> Private discussions happened with the involved translators when needed.
> No-one has been taken by surprise except people who don't read their mail.

Nice and all, but ...

> Please don't let your personal griefs about the way work is done in the
> D-I team slip into the currently widely accepted way job is done for D-I
> i18n unless you're ready to handle that job.

... this is not about d-i job, but about the fact that holding secret meeting
in private, and then coming up with the decision and bashing on anyone who
wants to discuss it, is not near any definition of "team work" i know about.

And you menacing to stop working on it, as joeyh menaced to stop working on
d-i if my svn commit rights where re-instated, just shows that you are unable
to take critics, even if they have some degree of truth in them.

So, it is not about personal griefs alone, but these personal griefs, and
Jens's problem, are a clear proof of there being some serious disfunction in
the d-i "team", and this is a more general problem, and it won't change if you
shot the messager, or insist everything is fine.

Friendly,

Sven Luther