Re: Deactivated languages

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 10:37:52AM +0100, Jens Seidel wrote:
> PS: Frans, in your last mail to this issue (many months ago) you just
> wrote that you do not want to reply to me until I calm down. This is not
> necessary. I'm really able to participate in serious discussions but the
> problem is there there was *never* such an (public) discussion and never
> good reasons for this decision.
> PS2: Maybe it's not clear to everyone my this mail contains again a
> little bit sarcasm. Just in case you didn't noticed it or want to use it
> as an excuse to not deal with this issue ...

Welcome to the d-i team, this is the way that people who are not in the one
true straigth line, or humble enough, or whatever, are dealt with.

I think it is sad, but well, there is little chance to change that or to get
heard, as i well know, so your best guess would be to provide actual work and
patches and stuff. Not sure if this adapts to your actual situation and skill
though.

But then, you are right to voice your critic of this ambient, i was myself
told to be silent about this, but i do strongly believe that the d-i
leadership is dead wrong in this approach, rejecting discussion, trying to
marginalize those they disagree with, and so on, and i think that they should
be reminded regularly of their errors, in order to some day drop a bit their
pride and learn how to work with people with ideas that don't follow the one
staight dogma.

But then, there will be probably lot of folk saying i damage myself more by
writing this and not be silent, but it has been months and months, and being
silent doesn't help to solve the underlying problem.

Friendly,

Sven Luther