Re: Update on Installation Error on Dell PE 2650

Alexander Vogel wrote:

> Hm, i got around this problem by using Kernel 2.6.8 from the debian sarge
> netinstall.iso.
> But next barrier, grub won't install.checked with netinstall.iso from etch,
> which succeeded.
>
> Now i want to boot the CD with kernel from etch and install sarge.
> Is this feasible?

Hi

I dont think You can install sarge with d-i from etch. Try this instead:
1. Use your sarge netinstall.iso and then add backports.org and use that
grub. Is the same thats in etch just backported,
(If your are allowed that is)

2. Install lilo and after restart try to install grub again. I once
couldnt autoinstall with grub but solved it with autoinstalling lilo and
then after restart did replace with grub.

regards

//Peter

--

bitrunner