Re: Weekly CD builds for D-I RC1?

On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 10:24:42PM +0100, Geert Stappers wrote:
>Op 06-11-2006 om 07:12 schreef Christian Perrier:
>>
>> Did this weekly CD build succeed as expected?
>
>The "weekly" build that I yesterdag (sunday) fetched,
>did boot and made an identifiable DHCP request  :-)

Yep; the full build happened over the weekend and seemed to run
OK. The snapshot creation for jigdo files did *not* work fully, so
those jigdo files will not be usable for very long.

>> debian-installer migrated to testing as expected, which seems OK;
>>
>> If the weekly CD build is OK, we should probably call for more testing
>> focused on it.....
>
>When the debian-cd actually say it is okay,
>then it is worth to announce Etch RC1 on debian-announce.

For etch RC1 I understand from joeyh that we're still waiting on the
last couple of d-i packages to migrate into testing tonight. Once I
get the nod to say all is ready I'll start a proper RC1 build.

"I suspect most samba developers are already technically insane... Of
 course, since many of them are Australians, you can't tell." -- Linus Torvalds