Re: D-I RC1 - release planning - update - freeze over, restrained updates

> ToDo before Etch
> ================
> - Upgrade to 2.6.18 kernel
>   I plan to discuss with Joey when we should do this. It should probably
>   be done as soon as possible to get as much testing as possible.
>   Note that there is one issue that may break the installer after the
>   switch to 2.6.18: #395889
> - Check memory usage and adjust lowmem limits
> - Fix some issues in the graphical installer where possible
>   For some of these we need a new fontconfig, which was promised but never
>   uploaded; maintainer has not answered recent mails

If so desperately needed we might take this on ourselves....

> I will be traveling most of 5 and 6 Nov, so that will influence the
> release schedule somewhat.
>
>  2   Nov  Final build and upload of d-i
>  3   Nov  Switch links for daily CD images to etch_d-i
>  3-5 Nov  Final testing using other and daily CD images
>  4/5 Nov  Weekly full CD build
>  5-9 Nov  Further testing
>  3-8 Nov  Preparation of release notes, errata, etc.
>  6/7 Nov  Migration of d-i to testing
>  7/8 Nov  RC1 CD builds
>  8/9 Nov  Release

Is there a backup plan for the critical steps that will take place
while you're travelling?

From what I see, steps that will occur at that moment are those that
are well known by Joey (CD builds). So, I guess that Joey will keep an
eye on these steps while you're unavailable.

And, of course, we all hope that you'll get network access as soon as
you'll arrive..:-)