Re: r42375 - trunk/packages/po

Quoting Damyan Ivanov (dam@modsoftsys.com):
> [I'm not subscribed to -boot]

You maybe should. At least you should be subscribed to -i18n to get
important announcements.

> > You should work outside your SVN checkout tree. Put your bg.po file in
> > a work directory. Update/complete it.
> >
> > Then go back to you SVN checkout, run a "svn up" there.....and *then*
> > put your new bg.po file and *then* run a "svn commit".
>
> This is perhaps OK in a string freeze period, but normally, I'd like
> to receive the updates, not overwrite them. Taking special care of

Don't worry, updates will be resynced later when the next automated
sync will happen, so even if you overwrite new or modified strings in
your update, they'll be updated later.

> Or, should I simply overwrite XX.po as you suggest and later merge any
> new strings from template.pot? I thought the point of the
> synchronizing scripts was exactly to spare the manual merge.

That's their point, yes. However, the sync only happens twice a day.

> > this error by running:
> >
> > msgfmt -o /dev/null -c --statistics bg.po
> >
> > before committing it. Please always check your PO files this way
> > before committing them.
>
> Point taken. Sorry for losing your time.

No problem. I take this as investiment for the future..:)