Re: r42375 - trunk/packages/po

[I'm not subscribed to -boot]

Christian Perrier -- 31.10.2006 08:00 --:
> Quoting Damyan Ivanov (dam-guest@alioth.debian.org):
>> Author: dam-guest
>> Date: Mon Oct 30 23:50:51 2006
>> New Revision: 42375
>>
>> Modified:
>>    trunk/packages/po/bg.po
>> Log:
>> More corrections to Bulgarian translation (l1). Still more to come, but this is useful to the point to be released as is
>
> No, it is not that useful, I'm afraid:
>
> You committed a file that contains SVN conflict markers. This probably

Sorry about that. I am sure I resolved any conflicts, before
committing, but anyway...

> You should work outside your SVN checkout tree. Put your bg.po file in
> a work directory. Update/complete it.
>
> Then go back to you SVN checkout, run a "svn up" there.....and *then*
> put your new bg.po file and *then* run a "svn commit".

This is perhaps OK in a string freeze period, but normally, I'd like
to receive the updates, not overwrite them. Taking special care of
conflict resolution, this should be no problem any more.

Or, should I simply overwrite XX.po as you suggest and later merge any
new strings from template.pot? I thought the point of the
synchronizing scripts was exactly to spare the manual merge.

> Also, I found out that even when correcting these conflicts, the bg.po
> file has 83 fuzzy strings. Is that intended?

I am working on these. (And they were here when I started as translator)

> I will correct the current bg.po file in the SVN so that it doesn't
> break the sync scripts like it does currently. You should have found

Thanks.

> this error by running:
>
> msgfmt -o /dev/null -c --statistics bg.po
>
> before committing it. Please always check your PO files this way
> before committing them.

Point taken. Sorry for losing your time.

	dam
--
Damyan Ivanov                           Modular Software Systems
dam@modsoftsys.com