Re: install AMD64

Quoting Gellings, C.O. (gellingsco@planet.nl):
> I can't understand why the f. you chose a 2.6.8 kernel for amd64
> install. The most ROTTEN kernel available. Furthermore, you seem to
> like pestering people ... I don't want tasksel or dselect, if you
> force me you will be like Micro$oft, and when you force me, you'll
> loose another debian user.

It appears that you have been using a Debian sarge install support.

In Debian sarge, the amd64 port was still an unofficial port and some
glitches might still appear. At the moment Debian sarge was released
(June 2005), the 2.6.8 kernel was the current kernel so that probably
explains why it wasn't shipped with a kernel like 2.6.18, I guess...

About not using tasksel, sarge perfectly allows this by proposing you
to uncheck all choices in the main tasksel screen in the 2nd stage of
the install after the reboot.

You might also want to try out more recent images of the Debian
Installer (which will allow you to install the soon-to-come Debian
etch version). You'll find these at
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer

Please consider changing tha way you address volunteer developers. An
aggressive tone doesn't help being constructive.