sparc64 installation reports - Ultra5

Hi,

Just tried a few installs using netinst 20061019 on my Ultra5
(Ultrasparc CPU, 128M of RAM, 8GB IDE hard drive, atyfb framebuffer
hooked up to a monitor)

* English install, manual partitioning, do not use network mirror,
  standard system.
* Russian install, automatic partitioning, everything in one
  partition, use network mirror, file server. Some minor translation
  comments/suggestions, sent to russian l10n list.
* Lithuanian install: automatic partitioning, use entire disk and
  setup lvm, separate /home partition, use network mirror, web server.
  Initial partitioning screen, and partitioning erase warning (and
  some other minor stuff) are not translated.

Very impressive! Everything was very smooth, hardly any comments at
all. I think that's the best quality sparc installer I've ever seen.
Framebuffer on this box is working, making pseudographics and fonts
look very nice. More reports to come tomorrow and over the weekend.

Best regards,
--
Jurij Smakov                                           jurij@wooyd.org
Key: http://www.wooyd.org/pgpkey/                      KeyID: C99E03CC