Re: Graphical D-I test install

On 11:06 Wed 18 Oct     , Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:

> Sub-optimality of standard partitioner is something i've heard many
> people complaining about.
> I know xavier oswald once started porting gparted from c++ to plain c: i
> checked out the svn repo some times ago and found a lot of code was
> already written.
My code can be found in the parted svn on alioth.
I have call it 'gdisktool'.

> Is someone still working on this? Would a gparted-like partitioner be
> useful for post-etch? (That's basically a lot of GTK programming, i
> could work on it too)
No, nobody is working on this. I think, it could be nice to have a gparted-like
in the installer after the release of etch. Im working on others packages in
debian, and don't have enough time to continue this project now.
Everybody is working hard to get packages into testing ;)

But after the freeze, I will be able to work again on this tool, so Attilio if
you are interested to work with me, I will be very happy :)

friendly,
--
  ,''`.  Xavier Oswald <x.oswald@free.fr>
 : :' :  GNU/LINUX Debian & Debian-Edu