RFC: Possible (partial) solution for device persistence issue

I have written a very simple (or at least small) script intended to be run
during finish-install that converts devices listed in /target/etc/fstab
from regular device names to uuids (as far as possible).

Although this is not a perfect solution, I feel it is an acceptable
solution for Etch.
By doing this at the very end of the installation, there is no chance that
we break anything in the installer itself, while still making the fstab
less vulnerable to changes in the device order.
The script relies on the fact that the kernel currently also generates
"normal" device names for disks.

It is only a partial solution as the set up of the boot loader (especially
the definition of the root partition) may still be wrong.

I've tested this successfully on a LVM setup. The attached fstab is from
that install.

Comments welcome.

Cheers,
FJP

P.S. IIRC someone once sent a similar script to the list, but I was unable
to find it :-(