Re: [G-I] testresults using new gtk2-engines udeb

Sorry for replying to myself...

On Friday 13 October 2006 19:30, Frans Pop wrote:
> We added /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.4.0/engines/libpixmap.so in
> libgtk-directfb-2.0-0-udeb to support the bladr theme. If we actually
> drop bladr and go with clearlooks for the default theme, and the
> libpixmap lib is not needed for that, it'd be nice if we could drop it
> again from the udeb. No real rush though.

Turns out that there is a much simpler way to activate the Clearlooks
engine than using:
include "/usr/share/themes/Clearlooks/gtk-2.0/gtkrc"

And that is (of course...):
gtk-theme-name = "Clearlooks"

This also means that if we want to customize this theme (e.g. make it red
instead of blue), we either need to _not_ include the Clearlooks gtkrc
file in gtk2-engines-udeb, or we need to provide Loïc with the version
we'd want to use.

My personal preference would be to, at least for now, drop it from the
udeb and include it in rootskel-gtk ourselves as that gives the greater
flexibility (it is much easier to upload and push rootskel-gtk than a
Gnome team package).
We can always move it back once the theme is mature for our needs.

I'd also like to clean up the theme file by using tabs instead of spaces
everywhere as that saves some valuable memory.