[g-i] arm port

Last week, after reading [1], I wanted to see how hard it'd be
to port the graphical installer on arm.
I set up a sid VM and checked out a copy of the d-i build
environment as described in [2]

I then created a patch ([3]) based on the existing g-i build
environments and tried to compile which took me to the first problem:

  rootskel-gtk: Depends: mouse-modules but it is not installable
E: Broken packages
make[2]: *** [stamps/get_udebs-rpc_gtk-miniiso-stamp] Error 100
make[1]: *** [_build] Error 2
make: *** [build_rpc_gtk-miniiso] Error 2

I then rebuilt a version of rootskel-gtk removing the dependency on
mouse-modules (this means there'll be a problem with missing
modules...) and copied it in localudebs.
Compilation went fine to the end producing

initrd.gz
vmlinuz-2.6.17-2-rpc

Before proceeding with testing the above files, I tried to
start the frontend in a chroot and noticed that I got a black
screen; asked for some help ([5]) on the directfb ML and, as
suggested by Denis, I tried to hack the directfb-0.9.25.1
package (using [6]) and finally managed to see something [7]
As suggested by Denis the problem is that directfb supports RGB
and not BGR, but looks like the fb is BGR.

regards,
Davide

[1] http://www.aurel32.net/info/debian_arm_qemu.php
[2] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/GUIBuild