Re: [g-i] Issues with directfb input devices handling

On Friday 29 September 2006 21:21, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
> We also noticed that many i386 laptop touchpads do not to work properly
> when the linux_input module is enabled, and hence the user has to plug
> in an USB mouse to use the installer.

This is probably not completely true. The issue was that both most
touchpads and usb mice would not work (only AT mice would work).

I recently added the usbmouse kernel module for the installer and this
solved the problems for usb mice. I expect this may also solve the
problem for touchpads as a lot of those are emulated internally as usb
devices, but we have not yet received feedback on this.

> A reasonable configuration for directfbrc seems to be
> no-hardware
> disable-module=linux_input

Is disabling linux-input really a reasonable workaround? We tried this for
i386 for a while, but after the switch to 2.8 GTK libs, this broke mouse
support in vmware.

Cheers,
Frans Pop