Re: Powerpc kernel udebs change + floppy size

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 02:03:57PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> Hi Colin,
>
> A user had problems because the amd74xx module is not included in
> ide-modules for powerpc [1]. This is at least partly due to the fact that
> the powerpc definition has its own list instead of using the kernel-wedge
> list.
>
> Could you take a look and see if there's any reason not to just use the
> kernel-wedge lists? One reason to keep a limited list could possibly be
> the size of ide-modules for the cd-drivers floppy.

If this is the case, i would rather we had special definition for floppies,
since it uses the powerpc-miboot flavour anyway. As said, i am not very
competent in the .udeb kernel thingy, and while i 'maintained it' more because
nobody else did, i didn't make any major change to how others before me had
left it.

Also, the apus port, currently disabled, would need his own list also, as
kernel-wedge is not very adapted to them, and they have more in common wqith
the m68k/amiga modules.

Friendly,

Sven Luther