Re: Releasing G-I with RC1 - one RC issue remaining

Loïc Minier wrote:
        Hi,

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:

Anyway, yesterday i eventually found the root of the "boom" bug [1] (it's in GTK or GLib) and, while waiting for someone to fix it, the below patch seems to workaround this issue in most cases. Loic, do you feel to try building a patched GTK 2.10.4 udeb so that frans can test if the "boom" bug is fixed?

 I couldn't reproduce the double free under valgrind and the X11
 backend.  I currently patch the source tree only one time, and I only
 have one source tree (I just got rid of the tar-in-tar orig.tar.gz), so
 I can't apply your patch to the directfb build only.  Since your patch
 adds a mem leak, I don't want to include it right now.

Yes, it leaks but this was just an idea to see if a boom-less udeb can be built with this quick workaround, i agree a real fix is needed.

 I'm willing to try to fix the underlying bug though, or else I will try
 to change the patch to only be effective when building the DFB flavor.

ok, see my reply in gnome's bts.

ciao

Attilio