Re: Preparing linux-2.6 2.6.18-1

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 08:52:15AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> There won't be any GR, there will be a new pet proposal until forever, and
> endless discussions as we start recalling the DPL, and bashing on the
> secretary and what not.

In the absence of GR, the current situation is that sourceless
firmwares are not allowed in main. This is the reason the RM
proposed this GR in the first place.

Re-adding them at this stage
1) is against the current social contract
2) will likely delay the release for most GR outcome, including no vote
or futher discussion.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>