[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Preparing linux-2.6 2.6.18-1

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 05:20:39PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 September 2006 15:38, Frederik Schueler wrote:
> > First, the migration status and plan looks as follows:
> > - linux-2.6 2.6.17-9 has already migrated to testing and can be updated
> >   through t-p-u.
> > - after linux-latest-2.6 migrates into testing later today, we will
> >   upload a new linux-latest-2.6 pointing to 2.6.18 to unstable.
> > - the kernel udebs in unstable are 2.6.17 and need manual intervention
> >   to migrate.
> > - it should be ok to remove the linux-2.6.16 packages after we receive
> >   confirmation that d-i works well with 2.6.17 in testing.
> >
> > Considering this, an upload of linux-2.6 2.6.18-1 to unstable should
> > not delay any D-I plans, and we we should be able to proceed.
> Frederik and I discussed this on IRC and AFAICT this plan will work for 

Ah, i thought you didn't want to have this kind of discussion on irc :)

> > Only the qla2xxx firmwares have been removed upstream and in order to
> > operate these cards, our users need the firmware deb/udeb from
> > non-free.
> Depending on the outcome of the resolution, we may need to do something 
> with this fact. I don't yet know what, but let's wait for the GR first.

Bah, as things currently stand, we will release etch before there is any
meaningful result of either the resolution and the load of other shit
currently going on, and i would prefer it that way, because otherwise we risk
a result of a vote, not on the technical content, but as fear-and-anger
reaction against one or the other participants of the vote.


Sven Luther

Reply to: