Re: Please, word diff for fuzzied translatable strings

On Tuesday 19 September 2006 12:34, Tapio Lehtonen wrote:
> When sending a .po file to be translated, please include word diff for
> strings that are marked fuzzy. It is much easier to unfuzzy when I can
> see what has changed in the english text.

Yes, that is a serious drawback of using PO files.

> I can look the diff myself in version control, but it saves work if
> one developer sending the file makes the diff, compared to 40
> translators doing the same work.

What does this have to do with debian-boot?
We never _send_ po files to be translated...

Also, a practical problem is that you cannot create one diff for all
translations as you don't know if all translations were up-to-date before
the call to translations.

IMO this is something that can only be done reliably by individual
translators themselves.

Cheers,
FJP