Re: /sys/class/net/lo missing, no lo interface

  > elendil@planet.nl wrote:
 >>> Installation went fine, but after reboot, the network startup fails
 >>> somehow and the box comes up with no network interface, the output
 >>> from the ifconfig command is empty.
 >> Please try updating the package udev to the version currently in unstable.
  > *And* then delete /etc/udev/rules.d/z25_persistent-net.rules because it
  > probably contains bogus entries.

Thanks, I was cautious and did in addition to the above advices also
an 'update-initramfs -u' before the reboot and I got an apparently
working lo interface.

The interfaces file had

  auto lo

but there was no line as

  auto eth0

So I added that and after the next reboot I got also a working eth0.

Thank you very much!
--
andreas