Bug#386253: Eliminate the GRUB question?
My opinion about this request:
* split the bugreport in several BR. One against grub-installer,
the other against the partitioning tools.
* Introduce a debconf flag "partitioning/erased_the_only_disk"
* Parted, partman and other set the flag if they erased the only in the
* Important is "the _only_ disk" because the computer could have two
disks, each dedicated for an operating system. "erase whole disk"
could be on the non booting disk.
* grub-installer checks on the partitioning/erased_the_only_disk flag
to see if some questions can be avoided.
* If I recall correct:
saying no on a grub question, allows installing lilo
An opinion is like an asshole, everybody has one. --Dirty Harry