Re: How to "recognize" that the install is a floppy install?

Christian Perrier wrote:
> Would anyone else have an idea ?
> Indeed, if not already existing, such a mechanism for D-I to always
> "know" which type of install it is running could have other uses....

We could add this to the /etc/lsb-release file in the installer. Just
tack on a field, like X_BOOT_METHOD=floppy.

I do think we should take care to only use this rarely. Making lots of
paths that are determined by boot type will make testing harder, and
help hide bugs.

see shy jo