How to "recognize" that the install is a floppy install?

In #269972, I developed a patch which could be used by localechooser
to warn users that the install runs in English temporarily even if
they choose another language.

This patch is meant to be used on floppy installs where all
translations  are removed from the initial udebs for space reasons.

The only remazining problem is for localechooser to "recognize" that
it is running a floppy install.

Sven did suggest to "set some variable for floppy installs et build
time" but indeed I don't know how to do this.

Would anyone else have an idea ?

Indeed, if not already existing, such a mechanism for D-I to always
"know" which type of install it is running could have other uses....