Supporting multiple udeb sources.... is it really this easy?

OK, looking through 'anna' (finally found it *$ing package which only produces udebs),
it looks like it should *not* need to be modified.

'anna' can be invoked multiple times with different retrievers, which is all that
is needed for this.

(There may be some issue with Packages files.  I'm not clear on this yet.)

I believe support for installing non-free *debs* is already present, right?  It's
just non-free *udebs* we're worrying about.  (If not, what needs to be done here?)

A "retrieve from alternate CD" retriever is probably necessary, which would eject
the CD, let you put another one in, install udebs from it, and then eject it and prompt
you to put the original CD back in.  Doesn't sound *too* hard.

Now I have to find where anna is *invoked* from.  Sigh...  I am in a maze of twisty
udebs, all different....  It looks like it's invoked from all over the place.

It looks like all I need to do is write an "install-extra-udebs" module which
places itself fairly early in the main menu, and asks "Do you want to install
additional installer modules?"... (if yes) "With what retriever?"....(configure anna
and the retriever, run anna with that retriever).

What tricky bit am I missing?

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden@fastmail.fm>

A thousand reasons. http://www.thousandreasons.org/
Lies, theft, war, kidnapping, torture, rape, murder...
Get me out of this fascist nightmare!