Re: beta3 installer completely hung up

> Then I proceeded as usual with german and came to a point where I
> could not go any further. And the gui (main menu) was mixed up with
> strings in english and german (translated). png attached. Normally
> the whole main menu is translated.
>
> A look in the syslog file showed several "Out of memory".
> But I have 256 MB ram on this machine!
>
> Can this be correct? When repeating the change language dialog
> several times, you can see free memory decreasing more and more ...

Probably not. It would be interesting to investigate this further if
you can. Localechooser does a lot of weird, complicated things and
it's not impossible that some of these ar enot completely correct when
one changes languages several times.

Comparing with similar actions in the console installer would be good,
indeed.