Re: installation-reports : french keymap problem with etch netinst

Christian Perrier a écrit :
Thanks for your message, but this is an extremely incomplete report.
Missing information:
- exactly which version of the installer were you using
- what architecture were you installing
- what exact keymap did you select
- information about your hardware

This is VERY likely to be the problem I already reported and which we
are aware of when using the graphical installer. This is pretty
inconvenient with our crappy French keyboard because numbers *need*
the shift key to be inputted, so, for instance, entering an IP address
is really difficult.

TO Jérome: you can use a workaround to enter shifted characters. Turn
CAPS Lock ON, enter the character, then turn the Caps Lock off
after....*thisù works.

Jérôme, please confirm that this problem indeed happens when using the
graphical installer, not the console one.

This is the same problem, and its happens with the graphical installer.
Yes i've used the caps lock when i've find the problem because i've got it for my root password after the install ... so I retry the install.

Sorry for the double report.