Re: partman-auto-crypto

On Sunday 20 August 2006 22:56, David Härdeman wrote:
> >Support in graphical installer would be nice to have before the
> > release.
>
> What needs to be done?

We're missing an entropy plug-in for the gtk frontend.

> >> As for lvm, I don't see any new bugs against partman-lvm, what
> >> issues are you referring to?
> >
> >The issues are mainly in partman-auto-lvm which partman-auto-crypto is
> >based on (and thus also affected by).
>
> I assume you're referring to the "should automatically delete existing
> LVM" issue?

Yes, and #368633 and #381244.

> No, with p-a-c we have disk <-> crypto <-> lvm (in order to allow one

Ah, that changes everything. I was assuming the other way around...

IMO this should be made very clear in the dialog where a disk is selected
for partman-auto-crypto (and in the installation guide), so that if it is
not what the user wants, he can use <Go Back> to abandon the choice.

The separate flag also does not really add any value if that is the case.
In fact, it makes the whole discussion rather irrelevant...

> That seems like a good solution. It would also protect against
> hypotetic situations such as if grub would gain LVM support and /boot
> would be marked $lvmok.

Hmm, you'd still have to find a way to support creating multiple LVM
volumes though. I'd rather suggest making sure in the p-a-c code that an
$lvmok flag on /boot is ignored.
See also #350450 though...